Friday, January 18, 2008

Excuse Me?

O.K, so if you have ever had a yeast infection, you know that you can get a little itchy. So I go to the gynecologist and tell her that I think I have a yeast infection. She "takes a look" and says that she doesn't think so.
She asks if I'm still nursing and I tell her yes. Apparently, so she says, when you are breastfeeding, your body acts like you are in menopause. This is good news usually because you don't have a menstrual cycle. However, you are apparently very dry and need some estrogen supplement. However, you don't take it orally, you use it like Monistat (yes, vaginally). Lovely.
So she gives me a sample and then a prescription for it. (PS, she saw on the slide that I infact do have a yeast infection) So I get another prescription for that.
I get home and start to read the warnings of the cream. May cause uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, etc blah, blah, blah, -----and dementia! HHHMMM! I don't think I’m going to be using this cream, I say to myself. I am insane enough with two kids and a husband who's busy. I don't think I need Dementia.
So I call them in to good old CVS last night, thinking maybe I'll just have it on hand. Today, about 11:30 I get a call from them.
"um, your copay for your estrogen cream is $94. Would you like us to fill that?" EXCUSE ME? She repeated the same thing. Um, no lady, you can keep your $94 dose of cancer causing dementia!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have truly enjoyed reading these last three blog entries. I'm already a big fan of your ranting. I feel your pain with the noisy neighbors and dogs. It seems like they come out of the woodwork when you just need quiet. Keep this thing going. You may just inspire me to start one. :-)

AJ said...

Oh Sarah. How I miss you!!!