Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ode to President Hinkley


Sigh. Tears. I miss him already. I was just reading some of his words in the Ensign today about keeping our lives balanced. He said we need to "take some time to do a little meditating, to do a little exercise." I will never forget the impact it had on me when I read his words in the nine ways to be. He mentioned in there that we needed to take time to look at the stars( a hard thing sometimes in California) and ponder our place in the Universe. I'm going to try to incorporate the exercise somehow.
They had a spot on him on the Fox 11 news. The church has definitely come out of obscurity during his time as Prophet and President. He was awarded the highest award from the President Bush. Truly, a friend has departed, a life that touched ours for good. However, most important, he was a prophet of God. I'm glad he'll be with his Marjory. They were so cute together.

1 comments:

Liz the Poet said...

I've had mixed emotions. Happy for him, sad for us. I just loved him so much. I really felt like he was my prophet, you know what I mean?

I'm very grateful to know that the church will move forward, that there is order in the calling of a new prophet, so there will be no bickering or "election" that sometimes occurs in other churches.